Miss Sarah F came to visit me for a few days! So much fun! I needed girl time and miss hanging out with my buddy =)
Sarah got here Thursday afternoon. We spent some time chatting then headed out so Miguel could study for his test without the noise of giggling girls. Sarah and I went to dinner at Cha Bella, one of my favorite restaurants in Savannah. Sarah and I both got the Vegetarian Fettuccini with roasted sweet potato, parsnips, leeks, and carrots with a caramelized onion marsala cream. It was really good... besides the parsnips. I will definitely get that again. Which is saying something, because their filet is really good, and I almost always order a filet.
After dinner we went to Jen's & Friends. We both tried the Savannah Bee Vanilla martini. SOO good! I don't think I will try another variety again. I'm sticking to this drink!
 |
| The Savannah Bee and vanilla martini |
After drinks we went to River Street and then up to Rocks on the Roof to see the views. Afterwards we met up with some friends and hung out for a bit before we went home and crashed into bed. It was a little cold once the sun went down and we were happy to get into warm beds.
 |
| It is March... Brrrr |
Friday morning Sarah and I woke up intent on heading to the beach. We put on our suits and cover ups before going outside. Ummm... yeah it was freezing! It was only like 67°. We took the dog to the park and ate some lunch downtown, then decided it was too cold to A) go to the beach and B) stay in our bathing suits any longer! So we headed home and took naps! Ha.
 |
| Emma had to sit on Sarah's lap on the way to the park. |
 |
| Bonaventure is so large! And Sarah is soo small! |
 |
| Sarah's family's plot |
Friday night we went to the Crystal Beer Parlor for dinner with some friends and then to Savannah Smiles.
 |
| Crystal Beer Parlor |
 |
| Tim and Miguel at dinner |
 |
| Savannah Smiles... dueling piano bar. |
So apparently Sarah's first memory of me is from high school where I told her I had a special talent of tying my hair around my nose and it would stay. Yes, I don't know why she is friends with me.
 |
| Sarah trying to be as cool as me... |
 |
| I don't feel as special now... Sarah could finally do it |
Saturday we slept in a bit, force fed Sarah some espresso (because she had never had it before!), and then headed to the beach!
 |
| Cuddles in the morning! |
 |
| Sarah trying her espresso |
 |
| The girls sun bathed and read trashy magazines |
 |
| The boys played football |
 |
| I had a big hat =) |
 |
| This kid worked on his sand hole the whole time we were at the beach. That thing was deep! He was around the age of ten, so he wasn't that short. |
 |
| Pretty day, it was warm, but not in the 80's like last week. |
After hanging at the beach for a while, we packed up and headed home to shower and then head back out. We spent the afternoon/evening cooking out at Jason's place. We took the corn hole and played some, in between rain showers. Poor Miguel got stuck standing in the rain grilling. We had loads of yummy food. After Jason's we stopped by a friends to try their moonshine they were distilling. I had a glass of wine... Miguel told me horror stories about people going blind when they drank moonshine.
 |
| "Miguel, STOP eating!" |
Sunday we slept and chilled while Miguel went to his flag football games. He got stuck out in Pooler while he waited out some pretty nasty storms. We got a lot of lightning and hail.
So sad Sarah's visit came to an end! Love her and loved having her to visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment